Proposals for rule changes should be submitted by 31 December 2016. These must be received by the Leigh and Westcliff Committee secretary. Only then, members can discuss these at the AGM. The current rules are available to view here. Finally, remember, the rules are there for you.
1. The Association shall be called The Leigh and Westcliff Lawn Tennis Association. 2. MISSION STATEMENT: To advance the interests of league Lawn Tennis among all Tennis Clubs in the Southend District Area. To arrange Inter Club Leagues and Knock-out Competitions for Clubs, and Tournaments for the members. To organise competitive tennis for those players […]
The following are the rules of the Association. 3. AFFILIATION:- The Association shall be open to all Lawn Tennis Clubs in the Southend District Area. 4. APPLICATION FOR AFFILIATION: Application for affiliation must be made to the Hon. General Secretary of the Association. To take part in the following season’s league and cup matches, applications […]
9. TITLE:- The leagues shall be called the Leigh and Westcliff Mixed Lawn Tennis League (The League), Leigh and Westcliff Mens Lawn Tennis League and Leigh and Westcliff Ladies Lawn Tennis League. 10. PLAYERS:- All players shall be playing members of the club represented. A player is eligible to compete for a club in the […]
21. TITLE:- The three Winter Leagues shall be called the Leigh and Westcliff Lawn Tennis Mixed/Ladies/Mens Winter League, as appropriate. 22. PLAYERS:- As for Rule 10. 23. REGISTRATION :- As for Rule 11. 24. TEAM:- Each club shall consist of two Mixed Pairs or two Mens Pairs or two Ladies Pairs as appropriate for each […]
33. DRAWS:- The Hon. Inter-Club Knockout Competitions Secretary shall publish the Cup Fixture list which will give the time, date and venue for all Cup games. 34. ENTRIES:- SUMMER CUPS (a) The Committee shall appoint the time and place of the draw and shall decide on the dates by which the ties should be played. […]
46. ELIGIBILITY:- Tournaments shall be open to all L & W LTA Registered Members of Clubs belonging to the Association as for Rule 10. 47. MANAGEMENT:- Tournaments shall be organised by a Sub-Committee consisting of the Hon. Tournament Secretary and other members as maybe appointed by the Committee. The Sub-Committee may at their discretion abandon […]